Aug 30, 2012 –
Looking for the ingredients to support your healthy lifestyle? Just add Apple Cider Vinegar!
Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, a popular Tara’s Team alternative health remedy, is at the top of this month’s Healthy Living List. Although there are many apple cider vinegars on the market these days, only one brand makes The “It” List cut. Tara’s Team specifically recommends Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar because it is raw, organic and full of natural enzymes, minerals and nutrients to help support a healthy lifestyle. Comparatively, other apple cider vinegars are distilled and unfortunately lack these important nutrients, which are destroyed in the distilling process. As a rule of thumb, any vinegar that is clear and has no “Mother” (the strand-like substance in the bottom of the bottle) has no nutritional value. Please note that although some of the health benefits of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar are not scientifically proven, this is a list of top uses from our own personal experiences and the experiences of Tara’s Team “It” List members. We hope that you use our suggestions as a guideline to further research for yourself, and continually strive to live a long, happy and healthy life!
- When diluted 50/50 with water, Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar is an excellent option as a toner for the face. Simply soak a cotton ball and gently rub your face, using caution when applying around the eyes. The toner can clear up skin problems (including acne), and will make your skin look brighter and healthier over time.
- Too much fun in the sun? A bath of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar is known to reduce the effects of sunburn. For concentrated areas of sunburn use a washcloth soaked in cool apple cider vinegar and gently apply washcloth to burnt area. Repeat as necessary.
- Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar is known to be a powerful weight loss aid. Popular uses are in salad dressings or by drinking a tablespoon diluted in a glass of water once or twice per day. Taken at least twice a day you will start to see changes such as increased energy, softer skin and decreased muscle and joint aches from exercise. Tara’s Team Morning Remedy: 2 teaspoons of raw, organic apple cider vinegar in glass of distilled water with optional sweetener of organic honey, 100% maple syrup or molasses to taste.
- Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar is said to treat dandruff by destroying the fungus Malassezia furfur and restoring the PH balance of the scalp. Some people recommend applying a 50/50 mixture of water and vinegar to the scalp, then leaving it to dry. Others suggest applying a couple tablespoons of straight vinegar directly to the scalp, and leaving it on for an hour or two before rinsing. For all other hair types, try a rinse of apple cider vinegar after you wash your hair for shinier, bouncier hair.
- A teaspoon of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar in a glass of water per day is said to lower blood pressure and be a natural lowering agent of bad cholesterol.
- Mother of vinegar, the layer of film that forms on top of the cider and is found in all Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, is believed to have antibacterial and anti-fungal properties
- The benefits of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar are not just limited to humans! Apple cider vinegar is also extremely beneficial for your cat and/or dog’s fur. Used as a soothing after-bath rinse it helps eliminate dry and itchy skin. Just as with people, it is also helpful in older animals’ diets.
What are your favorite uses of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar? Let us know and we would love to add them to the Tara’s Team List! To discover even more ways to enjoy The Healthy Life to the fullest, join the Tara’s Team “It” List today!